Search information pages
2. Why submit to Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research?
Submit your research to Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research to take advantage of:
Rapid peer review
Our insistence on fast and thorough peer review enables us to process manuscripts quickly; we aim to reach initial decisions within five weeks.
Publication immediately on acceptance
All articles are published and receive their final citation details on the day they are accepted. Fully copy-edited and formatted versions of the article replace the accepted manuscript within 4 weeks.
All articles published in Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research are open access (freely available on the journal website, with the copyright retained by the author). Research articles are deposited in at least one widely and internationally-recognized open access repository complying with the NIH Public Access Policy and the Wellcome Trust Open Access Policy. To cover the cost of open access publishing we levy an article-processing charge.
High visibility within the field
Your work is freely accessible to a global audience. In addition, articles are available through INIST in France and in e-Depot, the National Library of the Netherlands' digital archive of all electronic publications. We are also in discussion with other permanent digital archives including the British Library.
- What is Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research?
- Why submit to Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research?
- What is Open Access?
- If my article is published, how will it be cited?
- If my article is published, which bibliographic databases will it be indexed in?
- How can I order reprints?
- What is the copyright policy of Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research?
- Do I need permission to reproduce materials published in Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research?
- What are the benefits of registering on the journal website?
- Is there a printed version of the journal?
- How can I ensure that I receive Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research's emails?
- What is BioMed Central?